Friday, March 23, 2012

For New Readers and Hugs

Hey guys! If you are like me and are totally blog illiterate, I wanted to let you know that to start from the beginning you should read from the bottom up. I know that some of you are rolling your eyes, but some of my dear friends are saying "thanks, friend" right about now. You know who you are :)

I apologize from the beginning that I don't have anything fancy, and at the moment have no pictures. I will try to work on that, but since I don't know alot of what I am doing I hate to waste my free time formatting when I could be writing. As you will see from my three measly posts, I have Lots to say! It may not make any difference to you what I am writing, but I find it is helping me to navigate these murky waters.  I pray that my story can help at least one other person, as I have found so many others who have blogged about their own journeys and their faith has been a comfort to me. I think that when I am writing that everything sounds so eloquent in my head, but when I get it down on the screen and read it it almost sounds laughable to me. I am sure that is the Type A personality, which is another reason why there are already three posts. I wanted to share the background of the story before just jumping into my feelings on everything. I think it is important for others to know where Tommy and I are coming from. Note that everything written has been by me and he may or may not agree with everything I say. If he so chooses to take the time to express himself I will make it clear that he is the writer. We all evaluate and express our own feelings in different ways, and I tend to need to share mine. Sometimes too much, as you might see :)

And one more thing I learned from another mother of a Trisomy baby. I know lots of you don't know what to say or how to act around us. That's ok, as alot of the time I feel like I don't know how I should act either. But please don't treat us like we have the plague or just ignore us totally. I know it is difficult to understand and you want to find words to fill the void, but it is uncomfortable. So instead of having to say anything, just give us a hug. We understand. We'll know you care and understand. And your love and support will be poured out over us through your love. No words are needed to express that.

We love you all and ask that you continue to join us in prayer for sweet Lincoln Alan. Keep smiling, and I apologize for this, but sometimes you might need to grab some tissues...

No comments:

Post a Comment