Saturday, March 24, 2012

What it means to be Held

About a week after Lincoln's diagnosis, a song started to play in my head. I knew the chorus, but not the verses. You see, I remembered a sweet little girl getting up on stage one Sunday morning to sing it at church. It wasn't a song I knew at the time, but I remember that it touched my heart. She wasn't someone that I knew personally, but I know her sweet extended family, and I was proud for them as she stood up there and belted out a beautiful blessing. And it was just for me. And no one knew at the time. My how God works in mysterious ways. I sent her aunt a message the other day to relay to her what I was thinking. She remembered the exact instance I was speaking of, and actually said that the family thought that her choice of song was a little strange at the time as it was such a "mature" song that touched on some deep issues. But now they can see, as can I, exactly why she chose the song she chose to sing. She really didn't choose it as much as God chose it for her, and he put the chorus in my heart that I might remember it during my times of need. The song is by Natalie Grant, and is entitled "Held". As I mentioned previously, all I could recall was the chorus, but if you look at the lyrics to the verses, they are profoundly my story. I pulled this up at work the morning I was thinking of it and had to get up to close my door. And I just sat quietly for a little while and meditated on the fact that God has been preparing my way this whole time, and that He is holding me in His mighty hands, and that He will continue to hold me throughout the duration of the path that He set for me almost 29 years ago. And my prayer is that whenever times get tough, nights seem really dark, or the world seems lonely, that I will always remember that I am infinitely and mightily "Held"...


No comments:

Post a Comment