Thursday, March 15, 2012

What is a legacy?

The name Lincoln's Legacy just came to me one night (ok, so it was definitely God given!) when I first contemplated blogging to share with our friends and family this journey that we have begun. I realize the title might take some of you aback...by definition, a legacy is: a gift of personal property (a bequest); anything handed down from the past. By no means does this signify my lack of hope in this situation. Rather, I believe that each day that we live we are adding to our own legacies. Some of us might want our legacy to be things accomplished in our jobs, some might want others to remember our kindness or generosity, but all of us make choices everyday that add to our legacies. And Lincoln is no exception...

Lincoln Alan Aloisi's legacy began the day he was conceived. From that moment forward, he has been changing lives for the better. (Although this blog is not meant to be a political statement, I am going to give my opinions, so consider this your disclaimer.) My husband Tommy and I strongly believe that life begins at conception. I don't know how anyone could look at an ultrasound of a five week old baby and see it's tiny heart beating and not know that life is sustained in the womb. And from the moment of my positive pregnancy test, Tommy and I looked forward to the blessing of a new baby, and our lives were already changed. We were no longer going to be a little unit of three (with Rocco, our 17 month old son), but we were going to grow again in love. And thus Lincoln's footprints were already etched on our hearts forever. He has already taught us what it means to love unconditionally, hope eternally, and put our trust in the hands of our Heavenly Father, whose plans may not be our own but are ultimately in our best interests forever. Bless the Lord for giving me the courage to start believing that these last few weeks! And so the legacy of Lincoln began, and will continue, from now until eternity...

No comments:

Post a Comment